Friday, June 5, 2009

Strands (Mitzvahs)

© 2005

When I go to work each day,
if I'm bored I do the minimum, and just play.
I can't wait to go home,
time goes so slow, no place to roam.

But if I enjoy what I do,
it doesn't matter when I'm through.
There isn't enough time in the day,
the time flies by, it's great I'll say.
____________
The same is true of Torah and Mitzvoth,
they are also in the same boat.

If I don't understand their value,
they become a burden, which is nothing new.
I just go through the motions,
I do the least I have to, with no commotions.

But when I know what it's all about,
I jump for joy, and begin to shout.
I try to do everything the best way,
I'm more sincere, and think about what I say.
______________
But some people wonder why,
I'm so excited, by something up in the sky.
"Why skiing and traveling, I can understand,
but something that's not physical, has no demand."

Well, it's really hard to explain,
you see, I'm not a philosopher, just plain.
But what I've seen and felt,
makes everything else just melt.
It's something that really transcends,
I'm not just following the latest trends.

But Hashem made, each day a new test,
so it's hard to always, do my best.
Yet Hashem made me this way,
and He also made Teshuvah to save the day.
I can always clean the slate,
why, it's never too late.

For when I don't do something the Torah states,
my soul's connection is weakened, and clogs the gates.
For there are 613 strands up above with a special role,
to be a channel to give life to my soul.
But even though one may break,
Teshuvah makes a knot that doesn't shake.
______________
So think positive, and you'll be surprised to find,
that life is great, with this perspective in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment