Friday, June 5, 2009

Friend?

© 2005

The Yetzer Hora, he's my friend,
he goes with me wherever I am.

When I want to hit my sister,
he's right there to help me be sinister.

And when I want to talk loshon hora,
he's the one who says, "Forget about Torah!"

He's even friends with my mom and dad,
he's always telling them to be bad.
___________
He likes lots of chocolate cake,
and getting up real late.

When I want to be happy,
he jumps in and says, "Don't be sappy!"

He gives me lots of advice,
even when I don't ask him, he's so nice.

When I want to help my friend,
he says, "Think about yourself first, don't bend."
_____________
We've been friends for so long,
but I don't want, to do what's wrong.

I have to listen to Hashem,
He's the One who sent him.
_________
My friend the Yetzer Hora helps me be my best,
he was created as a test.

When I don't listen to him,
then I really win.

I have to grow up to be a Mentsch,
do Torah and Mitzvahs, and learn to Bentsch.
____________
But my Yetzer Hora is a good friend,
he never lets me alone in the end.

He still tries to tell me what to do,
but I tell him, "I listen to Hashem and not you!"
___________
So if you want to go higher,
which is to what we all aspire,

then you have to go beyond,
the Yetzer Hora and his con.

No comments:

Post a Comment